JUST VENTING....

Sunday, August 31, 2008

This site was created to cater to African Americans this is not any racist gesture of any kind. I had people to confront me and ask why do I only cater to one particular race group. I am no way or form a racist and have nothing against any other race. This site was not made to promote any negative images. SoulCityGraphics.com almost didn't happen my partners weren't sure how the public will take it, but I never gave up on the idea of having an all African American Site.
Some of you may think that this site is great for you and some may not. The site was made because we couldn't find sexy images of women with color, and because there was nothing that we could relate to.

In the beginning we went through so much and like anything else, their were haters and such. I had made a mistake by not managing my graphics and letting other people summit images. Which came to light from this one person who asked to link exchange with us and once their site was reviewed the decision was made that they will be denied. We didn't link exchange with them because of lack of traffic. So they decided to go and bash us, that's fine everyone isn't liked and some people just get mad because they are sore losers. I wanted to share this with you all for so long and just said why not, why not put it all out there.

To make matters even worse I was looking at some competitors sites and came across this person site. They had the audacity to put our site on their site stating that they make all their graphics and we steal ours. Let me just say this made me furious because I resolved all my problems and hired someone to create graphics for us and we also make them ourselves.

This person tried there best to eliminate us, it's sad because this was a young African American Sister... WOW!! she tried but we are still here alive and kicking.

Now there are other sites coming out with all African American Graphics... what do you think of that? and to top it off they are describing us as Ghetto, Thug, and Gangster this and that. What's up with that?. This is how they see us, go figure after doing some research I found that these sites are ran by other races that are not of African decent. I don't know if this bothers you but it bothers me.

To be described as that makes me think that they all just got on the bandwagon just because they seen that a majority of their user's were African American. Then you go to some sites and now they have links that say AFRICAN AMERICAN GRAPHICS, so I guess they are giving us our own little category now. Right?

So we decided to have other graphics that will cater to everyone as well without losing our class. It's called HOT NEW so that it would not offend anyone. Yeah, this gives everyone a chance to have some Soul. SoulCityGrpahics is a universal name, that doesn't discriminate against race, or gender.
Then we have thief's that will steal your entire website even the name. So if you see our graphics out there in wonderland with a big white block and someone else's name. Then you know who the thief's are.
I am not in anyway trying to make SoulCityGraphics.com this site that needs to be put on a pedestal but just let my user's know what's up with us. I'm venting and it feels good..... yes! We dedicate our time to this site to provide you with great graphics. We just want you all to stay true to yourself and be righteous.

Lessons learned.. never get summited graphics, never get free graphics and make all my own.

Quote: Reputation is what men and women think of us; character is what God and angels know of us.Thomas Paine

Thanks

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to say a big THANK YOU for your site. I am new to "posting comments" so I came across a comment someone else had posted. I was thrilled to see all the African American graphics on your site but sadden to see they were prohibited on TAGGED. I couldn't understand this because your site is the only one that I get the pop up message whenever I try to post. Some of them slip through and I am grateful for that. Keep it up - I love your graphics!

Hello said...

We have been searching for nearly a month now and to no avail. We are in desperate need of custom African-American graphics for our e-commerce site which caters to persons of afro-characterized and afro-textured hair. If you are willing to commission your work, please email brooklynramos@yahoo.com.

Ecommerce developer said...

Nice information and its good knowledge . i really enjoyed to see your blogs. thanks for your wonderful sharing.

domain registration india said...

Really great post and i learn few new things from this post.

Top website companies said...

I really enjoyed this site. This is such a Great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. It gives in depth information. Thanks for this valuable information.